History of Our Church

Sanctuary:

Saint Stepanos Armenian Church was established in 1956, and was consecrated in 1987.  The parish owns its permanent sanctuary.  The church building was bought from Saint Mary's Church and remodeled in 1986.  The parish also owns an adjacent piece of land, donated by Kevork Hovnanian, which is used for picnics and other outdoor activities.  The major benefactors include Dadour Dadourian, Artin Aslanian, Poozant Piranian, and Mr. and Mrs. Kevork Hovnanian.

See more details of the history.

Pastors, past and present:

Visiting priests, 1956-1972
Rev. Fr. Vertanes Kalayjian, 1972-1976
Rev. Fr. Avak Assadourian, 1977-1979
Rev. Fr. Guregh Kalfayan, 1980-1982
V. Rev. Fr. Haigazoun Najarian, 1987-1990
Rev. Fr. Yeghia Hairabedian, 1990-1992
Rev. Fr. Diran Bohajian, 1992-1999
V. Rev. Fr. Mamigon Kiledjian, 2000-2013
V. Rev. Fr. Daniel Karadjian, 2013-2024
V. Rev. Fr. Mamigon Kiledjian, 2024-present

Important Historic Events:

Visitation of His Holiness Catholicos Vazken 1 in 1987
Ordination of Father Diran to sacred priesthood on January 17, 1993
Celebration of 10th Anniversary, with His Beatitude Archbishop Torkom Manoogian, Patriarch of Jerusalem, attending the festivities on June 14 and 15, 1997


The Blessed Virgin Mary and Our Lord Jesus Christ
(Painting from Saint Mary's altar prior
to the church's reconstruction)

Copyright © Saint Stepanos Armenian Church. All rights reserved.